This is a project, to demonstrate the use of the CERN-developed CernVM and BOINCVM systems to harness volunteer cloud computing power for full-fledged LHC event physics simulation on volunteer computers.
It is the first of what is expected to be a series of physics applications running on the LHC@home 2.0 platform. These applications will exploit virtual machine technology, enabling volunteers to contribute to the huge computational task of searching for new fundamental particles at CERN's LHC.
This is just the pure BOINC server application. Please visit the LHC@home 2.0 web site for more documentation, data and instructions.
If you have any problem, question or doubt please visit the Message Board, Questions and Answers and FAQ sections of the project.
- The Test4Theory@home project seeks to engage volunteers in theoretical physics computations for the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. The project is based on BOINC and allows participants to run simulations of particle collisions on their home computers. The results are submitted to a central database which is used as a common resource by both experimental and theoretical scientists working on LHC physics. For further details, please visit the following link.
- Read our Code of Conduct
- Read our rules and policies
- Before Attaching to us you must first have an up to date installed version of the VIRTUAL BOX software package. To download Virtual Box if needed see instructions here.
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Add Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here or visit the Forums and Q&A.
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Server status
- Teams - create or join a team